The purpose of this group is to encourage confidence and new learning in expressive arts facilitation practices. All posts that are in alignment with this core purpose are welcome.
Please note: This not a forum for designation debates and competency questions.
This is a support group for the encouragement and cross-pollination of peers from all stages of practice in expressive arts facilitation.
Ten years ago, as an artist in health care, I started facilitating expressive art groups intuitively. I earned my designations much later. I would have loved a support group such as this, as I often felt alone in my questions.
The main purpose of this group is to encourage confidence and new learning in arts facilitation practices. All posts that are in alignment with this core purpose are welcome.
This is not group for student/client recruitment for your own business. Please do not advertise your arts, therapy and coaching programs to members in our main support group feed. All self-promotional posts will be removed. After repeated self-promotional postings, you will be removed from the group.
Please contain your business advertisements, free promotional materials, FB Pages and FB Groups within relevant conversation threads, and on the monthly bulletin board.
Group Support for Your Arts Facilitation Practice
This peer learning group is for expressive arts facilitators of all backgrounds and experience. I warmly invite intuitively-led and formally educated arts facilitators to share knowledge and experiences in a way that is encouraging and inclusive.
Contributing vs. Selling: I invite you to participate in the daily conversations, and continue to share your art programs, services and links as they relate and contribute to group learning in the conversation threads.
Monthly Expressive Arts Bulletin Board: You are welcome to advertise your upcoming trainings, workshops and online courses on the monthly bulletin board in the comments section as much as you like.
Please facilitate our group learning process by posting:
1. Photos of your arts programs (with your participants' permission) and arts directives along with a few words about your facilitation process.
2. Questions to the group about how to better facilitate your art program.
3. Inspiring quotes and articles that support and encourage the facilitation of the expressive arts.
4. Personal sharing of your own expressive art, materials and process so that others can enrich their facilitation practice with your methods.
5. The process of how you market, name and structure your workshops.
6. Books, videos and learning recommendations as related to the enrichment of your arts facilitation practice.
7. Support related to facilitation ethics, group safety, group dynamics, confidentiality etc. Please share posts only related to expressive arts facilitation.
8. Celebrations of your successes and wins related to your expressive arts facilitation.
I offer this article to delineate the difference between expressive arts facilitation and art therapy - as this debate is not the purpose of our support group.
This is a non-hierarchical support group for expressive arts facilitators to share ideas and encourage one another. Posts that monitor the other facilitators in this group will be removed.
For more answers to your questions please read my blog post called Differences Between Expressive Arts Facilitation and Art Therapy. Click HERE to read.
I had the pleasure of chatting with Alison Palmer about teaching from the heart.
Here is what Alison and I talked about in our Creative Conversation:
1. How trying to fit into existing standards can squash your true heart-teaching.
2. How to continue to share and teach even when you feel afraid.
3. How we all have something unique to teach based on our own life experience
4. How to originate your own teaching based on your life experience.