One great way to heal emotional pain for good is to intently focus on a specific aspect of self that needs to heal for a dedicated period of time.
In this course you will learn how to:
DECIDE upon the aspect of yourself that most needs to emotionally heal right now.
DEDICATE a journal and a period of time to deepen into your emotional healing.
DEVOTE yourself to the daily practice of loving what you need to emotionally heal.
I warmly invite you to Decide, Dedicate and Devote yourself to your emotional healing process through this focused writing and art journaling course! (Note: This course was originally created for Spectrum 2016)
This course is delivered in a webinar format. This course does not offer specific art directives for processing emotional pain. This is a course on how to release emotional pain through a focused expressive journaling practice based on an intimate "walk-through" of my own personal expressive journals.
For specific art journal and writing therapy directives see 100 Days of Art Journal Therapy.
Shelley is a counsellor and a registered educator with the International Expressive Arts Therapy Association. Shelley teaches online expressive art and narrative journal therapy courses worldwide, and has a strength for supporting people to emotionally heal through accessible expressive art and writing practices.
"Only in spontaneity can we be who we truly are." - John Mclaughlin
Regular creative action shakes up and dislodges the conditioned limited beliefs that we have repeated over our lifetime. These stagnant, non-useful thoughts create emotional pain.
Even brief actions of spontaneous self-expression each day will create a new and inspiring life over time. A dedicated journaling practice only asks that we show up each day to create something new. When we let what is “new” inform us, we become who we are meant to be!
I have created a PDF guidebook especially for this the Dive Deep Art Journal Course that shares 50 themes for dedicated art journals, as well as a personal visual and written retrospective of ten themes I have used over the years to heal emotionally.
In Part 1 of the Dive Deep Expressive Art Journal Course you will learn:
1. How to decide what needs to emotionally heal right now.
2. How to creatively "dig deep" over the next 30 days to address a specific area of emotional pain.
3. How to start simply and develop more expressive eloquence over time in your expressive journals.
4. How to understand the "spiritual dilemma" of emotional pain, and how to listen to both your human self and your soul self in your emotional healing process.
5. How to honestly admit your struggles to yourself.
6. How to ask for emotional support from others.
In Part 2 of the the Dive Deep Expressive Art Journal Course you will learn:
1. How different journals and art materials each have their own emotionally expressive qualities.
2. How to find a place in your body to anchor to your emotional healing process.
3. How to choose an art journal and art materials to uniquely fit your emotional healing process.
4. How to do a creative healing practice in under 5 minutes a day with no artistic skills required!
5. How to create an abstract journal for "wordless" emotional release and well-being.
6. How to explore inner child healing.
7. How to let your emotional healing "choose you" through word play.
In Part 3 of the the Dive Deep Expressive Art Journal Course you will learn:
1. How to consistently devote yourself to your emotional healing.
2. How to emotionally heal yourself through "dual consciousness."
3. How to avoid thinking your way through your emotions and witness them instead.
4. How to cathartically release difficult emotions through spontaneous drawing.
5. How to release difficult emotions through expressive art and writing.
6. How to change the biology of your emotional pain.
7. How to re-set and re-condition your body and brain to emotional wellness.